Cassoulet

Répondre

Cassoulet

Comment on recipe : www.aftouch-cuisine.com/recipe/cassoulet-30.htm

I have made the cassoulet with pan fried duck, pork and lamb pieces however instead of pork sausages I have substituted with sliced fried merguez sausages. Absolument fantastique!

Répondre

Cassoulet and merguez

Hello Hans
Are you Dutch ? Thanks for your kind comments and for having found time and energy for preparing a cassoulet. Cassoulet is from a part of France which was under the Arabic invasions during the Middle Ages but I am not aware that they had brough some food specialties like merguez !... (we can find dishes which are obviously Arabic style specialties in the southwest of France, like the "croustade gasconne" but they were brough back home by the French crusaders from the middle east). I am kidding a little bit ... Happy new year to you

Répondre

Cassoulet

Thank you Mr. Dubarry for your reaction to my "variation on the cassoulet". I would like to add, that here in Brisbane, Australia I make a cassoulet once during our winter (June-Sept)for a large number of friends and family. I like to present the cassoulet with a side dish of a mixed salad with lemon/honey dressing and topped with fried pieces of the duck's skin (slightly salted). I accompany this rather rich dish with a great Australian Chardonnay ("Devils Lair" from Western Australia). Although I live and work already for 27 years in Australia, my favorite food is and will always be French. That is what I love to cook. To answer your initial question "Oui, je suis un Hollandais/Australien". Bonne Annee et a votre Sante!

Répondre

Thanks Hans

Hello Hans
Many many thanks for your feedback and for sharing your experience with us : we all are very proud when we hear that some (especially so far from France) appreciate French cooking and also when some (like you) develop personal variations from our traditional recipes and share it with us

Répondre

Merguez

Can somebody tell me where to buy merguez at the Gold Coast. I live in Palm Beach 4221. Merci

Répondre

Merguez

Hi Daniel
I do hope you do not intent to use merguez for your cassoulet ! cry More seriously, I leave in the Paris area and I do not know any addresses in Palm Beach.
Good luck

Répondre

Re: Cassoulet

If you are looking for the best merguez around check out the delis stall on various Brisbane markets or online.

Répondre

Cassoulet

I was fortunate to have had this Cassoulet at A Souceyrac. It was wonderful, and this is now the recipe I use at home. M. Asfaux was a most gracious host, and particularly attentive to helping our 10 year old daughter negotiate a menu in French I always think of fondly. A true gentlemen.

leave a message or a photo

About AFTouch-cuisine

With aftouch-cuisine.com, we invite you to pull off the éCommunication Superhighwayé for a moment and roam the back roads of the French countryside to discover the regional French food, French recipes cuisine and the wonderful people of the past and of the present who are behind French cooking world-wide reputation. A.F.Touch cuisine will offer you all the specialties of the French food. Each specialty is presented within its regional context accompanied by a list of traditional producers, guardians of tradition and expertise which have been handed down from generation to generation

The team

Couet ivan
Webmaster, developpeur and designer. Couet Ivan
Asfaux Patrick
French staring chef, sharing his recipes and his passion for cooking. Asfaux Patrick
Dubarry Stéphane
Dubarry stéphane

Informations

Gardons le contact