Roast andouillette in wholegrain mustard crust
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
Recipe for 4 people:
- 4 Nice andouillettes
- For the crust:
- 30g wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 beaten egg
- 150g bread crumb
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of nuts oil
2) Pour your mixture onto a plate and in an another plate spread away your bread crumb.
3) Roll the andouillette in the mustard mixture first then in the bread crumb. Repeat if not coated properly. Set aside on a clean plate.
4) There is a tip: Place your plate with the saussage flat in the freezer for 30 minutes. That way the crust will harden.
5) Pre-heat your oven at 230 degrees (gas mark 7, 446F).
6) On roasting tray, pour two tablespoons of nuts oil and place your "frozen" andouillettes. Put them in the oven. After 15 minutes, carefully turn them to allow them to grill on all sides. Let them cook for another 10 minutes.
In my opinion, it's best having with nice home made mash potatoes, few quarters of pan fried apples and a nice chicory and walnuts salad.