Truffle Mash Potato
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
4.9/5 (23 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
Recipe for 4 to 6 people:
- 1kg potatoes
- 1 black truffle, 30 to 40g
- 160g butter
- salt and nutmeg
2) The next day, remove the truffle from the water. Peel your potatoes, cut them in half and cook them, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes in the truffle scented water. Season with a good pinch of sea salt.
3) Strain the potatoes and mash them while hot.
4) Dry out, the pulp of potato for 3 minutes on a medium heat. Then, add the butter cut in small pieces. Season with salt and nutmeg.
5) Coarsely chop the truffle and add it to the mashed potatoes. Keep warm in a bain-marie (double boiler) for an hour to allow the flavour of the truffle to expend into the mash potato.
This mash potato recipe is a great complement to roast lamb of seared scallops.