1) Heat up the butter in a thick bottom pot. Then add the leek.
2) Cover and allow to gently sweat off the finely sliced leek for 5-6 minutes.
Afterwards add the potatoes.
3) Add the water and bring to the boil. Season well with salt and pepper and plunge your little muslin parcel in the liquid.
4) Gently simmer for 35 minutes.
5) Take the muslin out and blitz your soup until smooth. Then, slowly add the cream while mixing to incorporate it.
Here I serve my soup with some croutons and some grated Gruyère cheese. This is an idea of garnish, up to you to garnish your soup as you wish.
credits photo : © Asfaux Patrick - A.F.Touch