Grilled Sirloin Steak with Bearnaise Sauce
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
4.9/5 (20 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
Grilled sirloin steak with bearnaise sauce for 3 people :
- 3 sirloin steaks of 220g each
- 1 dl of vinegar
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh French tarragon
- 1 teaspoon fresh chervil
- 2 egg yolks
- 80g butter
- 2g cracked white peppercorn
- some thick French fries and bunch of lambs lettuce
1) Place the shallot, cracked pepper, vinegar and half of the herbs in a thick bottom pot and heat up until it has reduced to a dessert spoon of liquid.
2) Meanwhile, melt down the butter on a low heat and when done take your pot of the heat and remove the buttermilk that comes to the surface.
3) Cool down the bottom of the pot where you have your reduction and add the egg yolks. Place the pot into an double boiler (bain marie) and start whisking until the mixture reaches the consistency of a mayonnaise. Then, slowly and gradually whisk in the butter. When done take your pot out of the bain marie season with salt and add the rest of the herbs and set aside in a hot place.
Some advices to cook your sirloin steaks :
Take your steaks out of the fridge at least 10 minutes before grilling them. Coat them with some vegetable oil or melted butter and grill them on a high heat to your liking and season them. Finally, serve your sirloin steaks on a serving tray garnished with the washed lambs lettuce and the French fries. Serve the bearnaise sauce in a sauce boat.