From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
4.7/5 (20 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
Breton Cake recipe for 6 people :
- 120g+40g strong flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 180g soft salted butter
- 3 egg yolks,+1 for the egg wash
- 1 pinch of salt
2) In a large bowl, place your flour. Form a small well in the middle of it. Put the salt, the egg yolks and the soft butter in it and start binding all these ingredients together, using your hands (clean of course!). Using the flour left (40g) start bringing the dough together and form a ball. Set aside to rest for a while, on a plate.
3) Roll down the dough to a 1/8 inch thickness. Then place it into a round sponge cake mould.
4) Brush your cake with some egg wash (1 egg yolk mixed with a table spoon of cold water) and draw some diamonds with a fork on the surface of the dough.
5) Cook for 20 to 25 minutes in the oven. It is cooked when the tip of a knife placed into the cake comes out hot and dry.
Wait for 15 minutes before taking your cake out of its mould. Let cool down and enjoy.