Tuna stuffed eggs
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
4.7/5 (6 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
Tuna stuffed eggs recipe for 6 people :
- 6 hard boiled eggs, cold and shelled
- 1 tin of tuna (150g)
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon strong Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Curcuma mayonnaise
- One hour before hand, place an egg yolk along with 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard. Mix the lot and start incorporating gradually 10cl of olive oil mixed with 10cl of rapeseed oil. When done season with salt and pepper and a teaspoon of curcuma. Finish by whisking in a tablespoon of warm wine vinegar into the mayonnaise. Set aside at room temperature.
- Cress salad
- Mix 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar with 1 finely chopped shallot, salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl. Add 200g of cress and give it a toss and taste.
2) Set some the cooked yolks aside for later.
3) On a clean carving board, place the rest of the yolks, the drained tuna, the finely chopped shallot, the mustard, some flat parsley and the vinegar. Season well.
4) Start mincing the lot with a chopping knife until you get a coarse stuffing.
5) Fill up the egg whites shell with a piping bag or simply with a spoon.
Place the cress salad at the centre of your dish and place the stuffed eggs, upside down around it and coat them with some mayonnaise. Finish by sprinkling the finely chopped egg yolks that you kept earlier on, over the eggs.
"I know, it seems to be a lot of explanations for a recipe that is quite simple, but it is very easy to make mistakes and get a poor result at the end!"