Spiced French Toasts with Bananas
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
5.0/5 (1 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
- 8 large slices of wholemeal bread
- 30g butter
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 bananas
- 4 tablespoons condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 grains of rock salt
- 1 dash dark rum
2) Slice your bananas and lay them on four of the eight slices of bread. Sprinkle with some ground cinnamon and ginger. Place 3 grains of salt and 1 tablespoon of condensed milk on each slices of bread. Finish by a sprinkle of rum.
3) Place the four slices of bread left over on the top. Press firmly on each sandwich, and toast them on each sides.
4) Your French toasts are ready when they are nicely caramelised on both sides. Serve them with a bit of exotic fruit salad or a scoop of coconut ice-cream.
A "posh" arrangement, would be to serve your French toast on a nice large plate with a scoop of ice-cream in a shell and a shot glass of old dark rum to the side.
ps : you can prepare your sandwiches in advance and toast them just before your guests finish their main-course.