From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
- s you know, this recipe has been created in the USA by an Italian cook, hence its name, as a reference to the most famous Roman emperor.
- I give you the classical basic recipe and you will bring your personal touch to it.
- Always use a “cos lettuce” salad for its crunchy texture.
- Quantities according to your taste and to the size of the salad
- 1 “cos lettuce” salad
- garlic (peeled, degermed and crushed)
- a few anchovies filets, preserved in olive oil
- a few fresh eggs
- table salt (little), freshly grounded black pepper
- olive oil
- sandwich bread croutons
- parmigiano cheese cut in very small pieces
- juice of 1 lemon
1) In a salad bowl, pour garlic and anchovies. Using a pestle, make a pasta from them, add very little salt, black pepper and pour oil by little while stirring with the pestle, like making a mayonnaise. Then, put the salad leaves in the bowl and toss with much care
2) Fry small bead croutons in olive oil, drain them on absorbing paper
3) Boil the eggs semi hard and cut them onto the salad. Add a little fresh parmigiano, the lemon juice and the croutons, then toss again with care and quickly serve while the salad is still a little warm thanks to the eggs