Sweet corn Salad
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
Recipe for 6 people
- 600g sweet corn kernels
- the juice of two lemons
- 12 spring onions
- 80g raisins, soaked for 12h and drained
- 1 pinch thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled, cored and crushed
- 20cl dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- salt and olive oil
1) Heat up 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a cast iron pot and add the spring onions cut in half as well as some of their greens. Then, add the garlic, thyme and lemon juice. Season with some salt and the cracked pepper. Finally, add the wine and raisins.
2) Allow to reduce down by a third and add the sweet corn. Increase the heat and allow to cook for 5 minutes, uncovered.
3) Clear the lot into a salad bowl and allow to cool down before putting your salad into the fridge.
Serve this salad chilled as an appetizer or an entrée.