Baked Pancakes Picarde Style
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
- 4 slices of cooked ham
- 2 veal brain, cooked and skinned
- 8 salted pancakes
- 100g finely chopped shallots
- 400g finely chopped button mushrooms
- 100g butter
- 4 dl double cream
- 20g plain flour
- 150g grated Gruyère cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- a pinch nutmeg
2) Dice up the ham and brain and add them to the sauce. Season with pepper and nutmeg.
3) Slowly cook the mixture for 10 minutes.
4) Place your pancakes on a clean surface. Place some ham and mushroom mixture in each pancakes. Then roll them up.
5) Start your oven at 210'C (410'F).
6) Place your pancakes in a shallow oven dish and pour the rest of the sauce on the top and sprinkle the cheese, all over, to finish. Bake for 10 minutes.
Serve straight out of the oven.
This dish is known as "ficelle Picarde"-Picarde's string- because of the shape given to the pancakes.