Millefeuille of caramelised pineapple and pancakes
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
Millefeuille of caramelised pineapple and pancakes recipe for 6 peple :
- 7 pancakes (roughly 1/3 of the pancakes recipe on our site : 80g flour, 1 egg, 10cl milk, 10cl water, 20g melted butter, pinch of salt and tablespoon of sugar)
- 1 pineapple or two small Victoria pineapple, peeled, cored and cut in 21 fine slices
- 50g soft butter
- 200g brown sugar
For the Chantilly cream
- 5dl double cream
- 50g icing sugar
- 1 or 2 drops of vanilla extract
For the Pinacolada sauce
- 15cl pineapple juice
- 15cl coconut milk
- 2cl white rum
1) Start your oven at 150C (300F)
2) Spread the butter on an oven dish, sprinkle 100g of brown sugar all over the dish, place your pineapple slices into the tray and sprinkle them with the sugar left over. Bake for 40 minutes.
3) Pour the cream into a bowl and put it in the freezer for 5 minutes. Then, whip it adding the icing sugar and the vanilla extract towards the end. Set aside in the fridge.
4) After 40 minutes, take your pineapple slices out of the oven and let them cool down.
5) When all the ingredients are cold make the millefeuille:
line a small tray with a large piece of cling film, place a pancake in the middle of it, then three pineapple slices on the top of the pancake, and finally make a layer of whipped cream. Repeat until all the ingredients have been used.
Bring up the cling film around the side of your millefeuille, like a money bag.
Put it in the fridge over night.
The next day
Make the pinacolada sauce. Heat up the pineapple juice, rum and coconut milk and allow to reduce by half. Blitz for a couple of minutes.
Cut six slices and place them on 6 cold dessert plattes. Pour a drizzle of warm pinacolada sauce around each slices.