Roast Rack of Lamb
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
4.9/5 (17 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
Repos : 12 heures
Roast rack of lamb recipe for 4 people :
- 2 French trimmed racks of lamb of 500-600g each
- 1 tbs Meaux mustard
- 1 tbs Fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp Fresh summer savoury
- some olive oil
- salt and pepper
Avocado pure :
- 2 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted. mashed with the juice of 1/2 a lemon
- some table salt
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- some cayenne pepper
Place your racks of lamb on a tray and season them with salt and pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and the herbs. Wrap them with some cling film and place them in the fridge over night.
On the day
1) 30 minutes before your meal, start your grill.
2) Place your racks of lamb on a roasting tray and coat them with some mustard. Place them under the grill meat side up. Cook for 6 minutes or a little more if your racks are a bit thick.
3) Add a couple of spoons of water on the tray and cover your racks with some tin foil, leave them under the grill, switched off, for 10 to 20 minutes.
4) Mix all the ingredients for the avocado pure together and heat it up slowly in a sauce pan.
Carve your racks of lamb and place 2 or 3 cutlets on each plates. Spoon a bit of the cooking juice around the plate and finish with 2 spoons of avocado pure.
Here are some basic notions about lamb :
animal between 50 to 60 days old weighing 6 to 11kg (nearly unavailable in the UK and US where it is considered uneconomic)
animal between 90 and 110 days old and weighing 13 to 20kg
animal 95 to 130 days old weighing 20 to 30kg
male or ewes, castrated, over a year old which can have a quite strong taste.