Courgette Flower Fritters
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
Courgette's flowers fritters recipe for 4 people :
- 24 courgette (zucchini's) flowers
batter for the fritters :
- 80g strong flour
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 15cl milk
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 litres rapeseed oil
2) Make your batter :
a) Put the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Then, add the salt, pepper egg yolk and olive oil and start whisking the milk in, slowly. Then fold in the parsley.
b) Whisk the egg white until stiff and carefully fold it in the batter.
3) Heat up the rapeseed oil to 150'C (302'F)
4) Grab a courgette flower by the base and gently plunge it into the batter. Then, carefully put it in the fryer. Cook your courgette flower 4 by 4 until golden brown. When done place all the fritters on some kitchen paper.
5) Set your fritters on a nice plate with a dip of spicy tomato sauce.
You can serve these fritters warm as a starter or as an accompaniment.