From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
- 1.2kg courgettes (zucchini)
- 4 eggs
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 40g butter
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
2) Place them in a pot and cover with some water. Season with salt and add the garlic. Bring to the boil and allow to cook for 15 minutes.
3) Strain your courgettes well. Press them slightly to get rid of as much water as possible.
4) Reduce them into a fine puree adding the butter as you go. Season well with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
5) Share your courgette puree in 4 individual ramequins (or egg dishes) and place an egg in the centre of each of them.
6) Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius (392F) for 4 minutes.
7) Drizzle some olive oil on the top of each ramequin as well as a round of freshly ground pepper.
Note that you can line your ramequins with the puree in advance. Break the egg in them as your guests are arriving and bake them when your are sitting down.