Smoked Salmon Cake
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
4.9/5 (28 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
Serves 6 :
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams (6 oz) strong flour
- 15g baking powder
- 10 cl (1/2 cup) grape seed oil
- 100 grams (5 oz) grated Gruyère cheese
- 80 grams (3 oz) smoked salmon
- 5 centilitres (1/4 cup) ale
2. In a large bowl, blend the flour and the baking powder, then add the eggs and stir well to get rid of any lumps, then add the beer and the oil and stir, finally add the salmon cut in small cubes and the grated cheese. Let the mixture rest during 30 minutes and then pour it into a rectangular baking tin.
3. Cook in the oven during 20 minutes but after the first 10 minutes, cover the cake with an aluminium sheet. As usual, the cake is cooked when a needle inserted into the centre of the cake comes out dry and hot. Wait for 15 minutes, after the cake is out of the oven, before removing it from the mould.
Serve your cake sliced and warm and present in a sauce dish a salted and peppered chantilly cream, topped with some chopped chives or a pinch of grated horseradish