Salad of smoked salmon and mache
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
Repos : 1 heures
salad of smoked salmon and corn salad recipe for 4 people :
- 300g corn salad (mache)
- 1 beetroot, cut in very fine batons
- 200g smoked salmon
- 50g hazelnuts, roasted and crushed
- few yellow and red, cherry tomatoes cut in half
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- rapeseed oil
- sherry vinegar
2) On a tray pour a tablespoon of sherry vinegar and 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil. Season with salt and pepper. Give it a stir and place your cherry tomatoes (flesh side down) onto the tray and coat them with the dressing. Then, Place your smoked salmon onto the tray and cover the lot with cling film and place into the fridge for 1/2h.
3) When dinner time comes, pour the excess dressing from your tray into a salad bowl. Top it up with a bit of oil and sherry vinegar. Add the shallot and the hazelnuts.
4) The next step must be done quickly to avoid wilting the corn salad. Add the beetroot and the corn salad into the salad bowl and give it a stir. Place the salad onto a tray with the cherry tomatoes around it. Put the sliver of smoked salmon between the cherry tomatoes and sprinkle the "julienne" of beetroot on the top of the salad.
If you feel artistic, make a smoked salmon rose and place on the top of the salad.