Dark Chocolate Gateau
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
5.0/5 (2 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
dark chocolate gateau recipe for 6 people :
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 50g warm melted butter
- 170g caster sugar
- 50g bitter chocolate powder
- 50g potato starch or corn flour
- 100g walnuts, finely chopped
- some chocolate chips for garnish
2) Place your egg yolks along with the sugar into a bowl and whisk until creamy.
3) Add the butter and cocoa (mixed with the starch).
4) Whisk your egg whites until stiff.
5) Fold, carefully, your egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
6) Fold the walnuts in.
7) Pour your batter into a round baking tin and bake for 40 minutes.
As usual check if your gateau is cooked by pricking it with the tip of an office knife. It should be hot and dry when it comes out.
Allow to cool down for 30 minutes before taking it of the tin.
Garnish as you wish. Here, I use chocolate chips.