Endives with mango and satsumas
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
Endives with mango and satsumas recipe for 6 people:
- 2 endives washed, halved and finely sliced
- 2 satsumas
- 1 mango, peeled and cut in small dices
- 30g brown sugar
- 40g caster sugar
- 100g 55%+ cocoa chocolate
- 2 Tsp grenadine syrup
2) In a thick bottom pot, cook your endives slowly along with the rest of the satsumas, the brown sugar and the mango. Add the syrup that you made earlier to cook the slices of satsumas. Let the lot reach the texture of a coarse compote.
3) Melt down your chocolate in a bain-marie (double boiler). Take a piece of parchment and make 6 small discs with the chocolate using the back of a spoon. Allow to cool down and set aside in the fridge.
At the centre of a plate place a disc of chocolate. Then, put a big spoon of endive, mango mixture. Place two slices of satsumas on the top of it. Finish by pouring a little bit of grenadine syrup on the top of the slices of satsumas.
Despite its originality it is going to be a success, guaranteed.