Genuine Tomato Sauce
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
4.8/5 (31 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
- 1 kilogram (2.2 lb) well ripe tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 small branch thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 soupspoonful tomato paste
- 2 soupspoonfuls caster sugar
- 1 piece (big as a nut) butter
- Table salt and freshly grounded black pepper
Add the tomatoes cut into pieces, salt and black pepper and caster sugar (to get rid of acidity).
Cook in the oven ( 356°F) during 1 hour.
Remove the thyme from the tomato sauce, then blend it and sieve it carefully. Put a nut of butter on top : your tomato sauce is ready for use.