From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
- 1 kilogram (2.2 lb) well ripe tomatoes
- 1 big onion
- 2 peeled, degermed, crushed and sliced garlic cloves
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 7 or 8 fresh basil leaves (or 1 pinch of dry basil)
- 1 pinch of thyme
- 1 coffeaspoonful caster sugar
- Table salt and semi hot red pepper powder
- 2 soupspoonfuls olive oil
Add the tomatoes cut into slices, add basil, thyme, sugar, salt, bay leaf, red pepper and 1 liter (approx 2 pints) water.
Keep boiling during 15 minutes, then get rid of the bay leaf, blend everything and sieve very thinly.
At the last minute, add a dash of olive oil
You can serve this soup either cold or hot