From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
- 5 Egg whites
- 250g Icing sugar
- 170g butter
- 140g ground almond
- 60g sifted strong flour
2) Melt the butter to melt until golden brown.
3) Meanwhile, take a bowl and mix the sugar, ground almond and flour together.
4) Add the egg whites to the dry ingredients and give it a good stir. Then, incorporate the melted butter to the mix.
5) Fill some non-stick square moulds half way up and bake for 5 minutes. Then, decrease the temperature to 200'C (392'F) and keep cooking your financier for another 5 minutes. Finally, turn off the oven and leave your biscuits for another 5 minutes.
6) Take your biscuit out their moulds while still hot. When cold, store them in a biscuit tin where they will keep for a week.
This recipe is very simple but make sure to keep a good eye on the cooking time as it is essential to make this recipe a success.