Saffron scented anglaise sauce
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
Repos : 1 heures
saffron scented anglaise sauce recipe for 8 people :
- 1 litre whole milk
- 10 cl milk
- 10 egg yolks
- 220g caster sugar
- 10 saffron threads
2) Bring your milk to the boil (remember to put a drop of water in your pot first to avoid that your milk sticks at the bottom).
3) Whisk the egg yolks and the sugar until creamy.
4) When your milk has boiled pour it over the eggs. Stir well and pour the mixture back into the pot.
5) Cook gently (the sauce must not boil), stirring at all time, until your anglaise sauce is thick enough to hold a finger mark made on your wooden spoon. Pass your sauce through a fine sieve.
6) Add the saffron milk to the sauce and stir slowly for a little while.
Allow to cool down fully before storing in the fridge.
This sauce will be a great accompaniment of all sorts of desserts from floating island to chocolate based puddings, sponge cakes, gateaux and pancakes...