Pan fried Foie Gras with Green Apples
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
5.0/5 (6 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
- 4 slices of foie gras (90g each)
- 4 thick slices of slice pan bread
- 4 Granny-smith apples
- 50g Butter
- a pinch "fleur de sel" salt
- salt and freshly ground pepper
2) Peel, core and cut your apples in quarters.
3) In a hot frying pan, cook your apple pieces with the butter until golden brown. Season well when done.
4) Season your slices of foie gras with salt and pepper and place them in the freezer for 5 minutes. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STAGE OF THE RECIPE!
5) Heat up a frying pan. Then, cook your slices of foie gras for 1 minute on each sides. Set aside on a piece of kitchen paper.
6) On a small tray, place your toasted discs of bread. Place some apple pieces on the top of them and finish with your slices of foie gras. When you are ready to serve them, place your tray in a pre-heated oven at 200'C (392'F) for 3 minutes.
7) Place 3 grains of "fleur de sel" salt and a tinny pinch of cracked pepper on the top of the foie gras and serve with a little salad of chicory and beetroot cut in small batons and seasoned with a little sherry vinegar and hazelnut oil.
You could also, serve a chilled glass of Pacherenc du Vic-Bihl or Muscat de Rivesalt on the side.
Surely, this recipe makes a great festive dish!