Cheese and Bread Pudding
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
5.0/5 (10 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
Cheese and bread pudding recipe for 6 people
- 6 slices of farmhouse bread
- 10 Slices raclette cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 20g Grated raclette cheese
- 2 dl Double cream
- 2 dl Whole milk
- 30g Butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- A pinch nutmeg
2) In a nice ceramic oven dish, place two slices of bread at the bottom. Cover them with 5 slices of cheese then place another two slices of bread on the cheese. Put another 5 slices of cheese of the bread and finish with the last slices of bread.
3) In a bowl, put the milk, eggs and cream. Season with salt pepper and nutmeg. Mix for 10 seconds.
4) Pour the egg mixture over the bread. Sprinkle the grated cheese and diced butter all over the dish.
5) Bake for 30 minutes. Serve pipping hot along with a nice mixed salad.
If done well, this dish is delicious. It is halfway between a flan and a baked cheese cake. It melts in the mouth. Make it and let me know!