From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
4.9/5 (15 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
semolina pudding recipe for 6 people :
- 1/2 litre whole milk
- 100g semolina
- 100g caster sugar
- the zest of 1/2 a lemon finely chopped
- 2g table salt
- 80g golden sultanas
- 2 Tbs dark rum (for kids mix 1 tsp vanilla extract with 1 Tbs of water)
- 60g butter
- 2 eggs
- 50g quince marmalade
1) Put a drop of water* in a thick bottom pot. Then, pour your milk in it along with the lemon zest, salt and the sugar. Bring to the boil and add the semolina (sprinkling it into the milk).
2) Cook your semolina for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring from time to time. The semolina must have absorbed all the milk.
3) Take the lot off the heat and fold in the butter and the beaten eggs as well as the sultanas and allow to cool down fully.
4) Melt down the quince marmalade and pour it into a mold. Place it into the freezer for 1/4h. Then, add the semolina over the set marmalade and put your pudding into the fridge over night.
To take your semolina out of the mold, heat up slightly the bottom of your mold and place a plate over it and turn it upside down.
This recipe always was delicious when prepared by granny Bernadette de Fontanges...
* As always, putting a little bit of water into the pot before heating up milk will prevent it to stick at the bottom.