Almond Milk Custard Tart
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
Almond Milk Flan recipe for 6 people:
- 400g short crust pastry
- 30cl milk
- 3 eggs
- 75g caster sugar
- 50g flour
- 3 drops of vanilla extract
- 50g ground almonds
2) Pre-heat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius (356F, gas mark 6).
3) Take your "raw" tart out of the fridge, cover it with some dried beans and cook it,(blanc cooking), for about 10 minutes. Take your mold out, get rid off the beans (carefully!) and cook your crust for another 10 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, bring your milk, along with the vanilla extract, to the boil.
When the milk is boiling add the almond powder, take your pot off the heat, cover it and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
5) In a bowl, mix your eggs and the sugar. Then add the flour.
7) Pour the hot milk into the egg mixture. Stir well. Pour this mixture into the tart case.
8) Bake in the oven set at 160 degrees Celsius (320F, Gas mark 5), for 25 minutes.
There is a little pastry chef's tip: when you blanc cook a tart case, after removing the beans from it, brush the bottom of your crust with some raw egg whites before putting it back in the oven. It will harden your base during the second part of its baking time as well as making it "liquid proof".