From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
4.7/5 (11 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
Panna Cotta for 6 people :
- 60cl double cream
- 45g caster sugar
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 3 leaves of gelatin
For the caramel :
- 150g caster sugar
- 15cl sherry vinegar
- 6 strawberries
- Few mint leaves
2) Pour the cream in a saucepan, add the sugar and the vanilla sugar. Bring slowly to the boil, stirring all the time. As soon as it boils, take your pot off the heat.
3) Then stir the drained gelatin into the cream.
4) Then, share this mixture into 6 large cocktail glasses. Set aside to cool. When they have fully cool down, put them in the fridge.
5) Make a caramel by cooking the sugar and the vinegar together for about 15 minutes, until the mixture takes a syrupy consistency. To test if your caramel is done, just pour a teaspoon of caramel onto a platte. It should set almost instantly.
6) If your caramel is done, take it off the heat. Set it aside to cool down then store it in a jar.
When serving time comes, place a strawberry on each glass of panna cotta. Coat them with some of the caramel and finish each glasses garnishing with a couple of fresh mint leaves.