Pork Chops with Apples and Maple Syrup
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
Recipe for 6 people
- 6 thick cut pork chops
- 3 golden apples
- 3 table spoons of Canadian maple syrup
- 3 dl creme fraiche
- 30g sultanas
- salt an pepper
- a hint of nutmeg
- vegetable oil and butter
2)Start your oven at 200C/ 392F.
3) In a cast iron pot, heat up 30g of butter along with a table spoon of vegetable oil. When it reachs a nice golden color, sear your chops for 3 minutes, on both sides.
4) Meanwhile, peel, core and half your apples. Brush them with some lemon juice to avoid that they oxydize.
5) Place an apple half on each pork chops and coat them with some maple syrup.
6) Pour the creme fraiche around the chops and sprinckle the sultanas all over. Season well with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
7) Cook in the oven for 40 minutes.
On a hot plate, place the chop on the middle and pour a bit of the sauce all around.