From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
Recipe for 6 people
- 6 Thick veal chops of 200g each.
- 200 ml double cream
- 100 ml of reduced veal stock
- 250g button mushrooms
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 50 ml calvados (apple brandy)
- few sprigs of chives
- a nob of butter
- some vegetable oil
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and quatered
- salt and freshly ground pepper
2) In the same pot, gently cook the shallots for a minute or two. Then, add the calvados, about a minute later add the cream and the veal stock and finaly the finely sliced mushrooms.
3) Allow to cook for about 3 minutes and put your chops back into your pot. Season well and let them cook for another ten minutes on a medium heat.
4) Meanwhile, sauté your quaters of apple with a bit of butter in a non-stick pan. Season well. Set aside in a hot place.
Place a veal chop in the center of a large plate. Coat it with a bit of sauce. Place few pieces of apples on the side and finish with a sprinkle of finely chopped chives.
Enjoy your veal chops "Normande" with a nice glass of cider.