Baked Foie Gras with Lobster Sauce
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
4.8/5 (13 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
Baked foie gras and lobster sauce recipe for 6 people :
- 250g duck foie gras
- 5cl meat glaze
- 5cl whole milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1 small tin lobster coulis
- 2 Tbs double cream
- 1 dash red port
2) Mix for 30 seconds. Pass the mixture through a fine sieve. Pour the mixture in 6 ramekins.
3) Start your oven at 150'C (302'F).
4) Take a shallow oven dish and line it with a sheet of news paper (it will prevent the water to boil). Place your ramekins and pour some cold water into the tray. Bake for 1h30. The foie gras must have the texture of baked custard when done.
5) Heat up your lobster coulis and add the cream. Set aside.
Unmold your bake foie gras at the centre of a plate and pour a bit of lobster sauce around it. Repeat for each ramekins.
If you can afford it add a small bit of truffle julienne in the foie gras mixture.
I wish to tank Maitre Lucien Tendret for giving me the idea of this recipe when he created his famous "le gâteau de foies blonds de bresse served with a fresh water crayfish sauce".