Carioca coffee baked cream pots
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
5.0/5 (7 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
- 75g of good coffee beans
- 8dl whole milk
- 150g dark cooking chocolate, gratted
- 6 egg yolks
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
2) Heat up 7dl of milk with the coffee beans and the vanilla sugar. Bring up to the boil, then take off the heat and let the coffee beans infuse into the milk for at least 25 minutes.
3) In a thick bottom saucepan, put the caster sugar along with 2 tablespoons of water and cook it until a golden blond caramel. At this stage add a couple more tablespoons of water into the caramel and cook it for another 2-3 minutes.
4) In a seperate saucepan, melt down the gratted chocolate with the milk left over.
5) Start your oven at 60 degrees Celsius (gas mark 4-5, 320F).
6) Strain the coffee flavoured milk,then pour it onto the melted chocalate, stir well and finaly whisk in the sirup.
7) Place the egg yolks into a bowl and pour the chocolate-milk mixture onto them, mix well. Then, slowly, strain the mixture through a fine sieve.
8) Pour this coffee-chocolate mixture in some ramequins and place them in a bain-marie (double boiler) and bake them for 25 minutes at 160C/ 320F.