From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
5.0/5 (4 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
Creamed cucumber with chicory for 4 people :
- 1 cucumber
- 2 chicory
- some salt
- For the sauce
- 10cl double cream
- 1 tablespoon hibiscus vinegar
- 6 mint leaves, finely sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
2) Meanwhile, make your sauce :
mix the cream, the vinegar and salt and pepper. Put the sauce into the freezer for 5 minutes.
3) Take the cream sauce out of the freezer and whip it it until stiff. Then, fold the mint in it.
4) Wash the salt off your cucumber and drain them well. Then, fold the cucumber slices into the whipped cream.
5) Take 8 nice, large leaves of chicory and wash and dry them well. Place them on a serving dish. Fill them up with a good tablespoon of creamed cucumber.
You could also add a couple of prawns, crab claws or lobster pieces on the top of your creamed cucumber salad.