From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
4.9/5 (15 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
"Monk's head jelly" :
- Ingredients for 1kg of fruits
- 1kg Dandelion flower
- 1.5L Water
- The juice of 2 oranges
- The juice of 2 lemons
- 1kg Granulated sugar
1) Wash well your flowers, drain them well and sun dry them for a couple of days.
2) In a jam basin, pour the water, add the dandelion flowers and juices. Allow to gently cook for an hour, making sure that the flowers are well immersed.
3) When done, filter the juice through a muslin.
4) In your jam basin put the sugar and 20cl of the dandelion juice and cook this syrup to 123' on the sugar thermometer.
5) Then, pour the rest of the dandelion juice and bring to the boil. Cook for 3 minutes, skimming all the foam away.
6) Then, pour in your jars and cover them when lukewarm.
Now your jam is ready. Dandelion jam is known to have lots of virtues. It is good for people with urinary problems.