From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
Its original name was cafe viennois but during WWI its name was changed because it sounded too Germanic for the time. So it was renamed cafe liegeois.
Recipe for cafe liegeois for 6 people :
- 6 tbs Strong coffee, cold
- 10cl Whipping cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla sugar
- 6 small scoops of coffee ice-cream
- some chocolate chips
2) Then, whip it and just before the end add the vanilla sugar and continue whisking until firm.
3) In a nice ice-cream cup place a scoop of coffee.
4) Then add a scoop of ice-cream.
5) Finish by pipping up some whipped cream on the ice-cream, sprinkle some chocolate chips on the top.
There is another recipe created around the same time as this one which was served in literary salons in Vienna which held the same name :
Place few spoons of cold strong coffee in a bowl. Then add some whipping cream and whip it with your bowl placed on some crushed ice.
Nowadays it is made by whipping 2 tablespoons of cold strong coffee along with 5 tablespoons of ice cold whipping cream until firm and finished with a tablespoon of icing sugar.