Fourme d'Ambert aux truffes
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
5.0/5 (4 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
- 1 "fourme d'Ambert" blue cheese, ripe
- 1 Black truffle of 40g coarsely chopped
- 1 dl Armagnac or brandy
- Freshly ground pepper
2) Then, remove the cheese from the centre making sure not to damage the side of it.
3) Place the cheese into a bowl and stir in the alcohol and the truffle. Season with some freshly ground pepper. Stir well and place this mixture back into the cheese shell and cover the lot with the lid made from the top of the cheese.
Wrap the cheese with some cling film and place it in the fridge for 2 days.
4) Then enjoyment time! toast few slices of a baguette.
Remove the film from the cheese and place it at the centre of the table. Each guests can then, dig in with their spoon and spread some of it onto their toasts.
I have no word to describe the tasting experience that you will have.
Serve a Hermitage white wine or a Ice wine or a section de grain nobles from Alsace.