From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
4.3/5 (9 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
A nice omelette for 2 :
- 5 Eggs
- 40g Butter
- Salt and freshly milled pepper
2) Using a non-stick pan, melt down half of the butter.
3) Add the beaten eggs and stir quckly using a wooden spoon, in the same way than you would do to scramble eggs.
4) When it starts to make a compact mass (cook it to your liking), place your pan off the heat slightly on its side. Slowly lift the side of the omelette the clothest to you and slide 10g of butter (soft), and slowly let it come towards you all the way to the top of the side of the pan. Then put the rest of the butter on the top of the omelette.
5) Now, you have the first half omelette that you are going to fold back on the top of the second part of the omelette. Using a palet knife cut off the right end as well as the left end of the omelette.
6) Place the part of the pan the furthest away from you on the edge of a plate, lift the pan upward then flip the pan* totaly over the plate, in this way the omelette will be "rolled".
Don't worry if you are not able to get it right on your first attempt. Using a clean kitchen cloth, you can give its shape back rolling it with your hands.
There you are, now that you know this new cooking technic, we are going to make you discover a vast univers of culinary realisations.