Cream of Jerusalem Artichoke
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
4.9/5 (10 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
cream of Jerusalem artichoke recipe for 4-5 people :
- 300g Jerusalem Artichokes, peeled and washed
- 300g potatoes, peeled and washed
- 300g small button mushrooms, thoroughly washed
- 2 shallots
- 50g butter
- 80g small diced smoked pork belly (lardons)
- 12 slices of baguette
- 30g grated Gruyère cheese
- 1 l whole milk
- 1/2 l double cream
- salt, pepper and nutmeg
2) Add the finely sliced mushrooms. Season well and allow to sweat off for 5 minutes.
3) Add the milk and cream and bring to the boil. Check the seasoning.
4) Turn down the heat and add the chopped Jerusalem artichoke and potatoes.
5) Cook for 50 minutes, stirring from time to time.
6) Meanwhile, pan fry the pork belly pieces until crispy and set aside on some kitchen paper.
Sprinkle some cheese on the slices of baguette and grill them. Set aside on a side plate.
7) Blitz your soup for 15 seconds*. Stir in 20g of cold butter and check the seasoning.
Either serve your soup in individual soup bowls with some crispy pork belly pieces at the centre and some toasted baguette on the side or set it into a large soup bowl with the garnish to the side.
*After blitzing the soup you may pass it through a fine sieve to refine its texture. Personally I prefer to leave the soup as it is.