Iced Cream of Garden Peas
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
5.0/5 (2 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
Iced cream of garden peas for 6 people :
- 700g fresh or frozen garden peas
- 2cl olive oil
- 30cl chicken stock
- 20cl double cream
- 80g smoked duck breast
- 6 mint leaves
2) Meanwhile, pan fry the smoked duck cut in small dices until crispy. Set them aside on some kitchen paper.
3) Blitz your cream of peas for a couple of minutes, pass it through a medium sieve and allow to cool down fully before putting your soup into the fridge.
4) Blanch the rest of the peas. Put them in a pot of boiling water for 15 seconds. Then, put them straight away in a bowl of iced cold water. Finally, strain them when they are cold.
5) Just before serving your soup, blitz your iced cold cream of peas for a minute or so and share it in 6 nice bowl soup. Then, add some of the blanched peas and the crispy duck dices in each bowls. Finally, finely chop the mint leaves and sprinkle a little bit of it in each bowls.
This recipe offers a nice mixture of texture and taste. The velvety texture of the cream of pea soup, the crispy smoked duck and the crunch of the whole peas give this soup a strong personality. The blend of smoky flavour from the duck, the sweetness of the peas and the light minty after taste gives this soup a real taste of the spring.