Iced Cream of Watercress Soup
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
Iced Watercress cream soup for 6 small soup bowl:
- 1 bunch of watercress
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 30g butter
- 600g greek style yoghurt
- 10cl double cream
- 1/2 litre (1pt) full fat milk
- salt and freshly ground pepper
2) In a thick bottom saucepan, melt the butter down and gently sweat off your shallots for 5 minutes or so.
3) Coarsly chop your watercress and add them to the shallots, season well and allow to gently cook for 5 minutes. Finally pour in the milk and let the mixture cook for 8 minutes.
4) Let the mixture cool down for a little while and blitz the watercress-milk mixture in a food processor. Then pass it, through a fine chinois making sure to make most of the watercress's pulp pass through.
5) Put your double cream in the freezer for 5 minutes.
6) Mix your watercress pure with the yoghurt, taste the seasoning and put the mixture in the fridge for another couple of minutes.
7) Whip your double cream, season it well with salt and pepper.
8) Pour some of the watercress soup in your soup bowl. Using a piping bag, add a bit of whipped cream on the top of the soup. Sprinkle a bit cayenne pepper on the top of it. Finally top the whipped cream with a couple of blanched leaves of watercress.
Dear readers, this is a base, so let us know what is your winning combination.