Whipped Chestnut Cream
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
whipped chestnut cream:
- 5 dozens chestnuts, peeled and skinned
- 1 litre whole milk
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 vanilla pod, halved and grated
- caster sugar equal to the total weight of your chestnut pure
- 1 litre whipping cream
1) Cook your chestnuts into the milk with the vanilla pods and 50g of caster sugar.
2) Test your chestnuts from time to time and when they will mash between your fingers strain them along with the vanilla pods.
3) Mash finely the chestnuts.
4) Weight up your chestnut pure and add the same weight of caster sugar to the pure. Mix it in a pot over a low heat stirring at all time until the pure has dried out. Set aside in a bowl to cool down when done.
5) Whip the cream.
6) Whisk 3 tablespoons of whipped cream into the chestnut pure and carefully fold the rest the cream into your chestnut pure with a spatula.
When done place in the fridge.
Serve on a round salad dish. The author of this recipe advise to garnish your chestnut pure with some meringues!