From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
Repos : 1 heures
Lentil's recipe for 6 people:
- 500g Puy lentils
- 1 onion, peeled and pricked with 3 cloves
- 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
2) Put your lentils in a large pot, cover them with a large amount of water, then add the carrots and the onion. bring to the boil. Then, reduce the heat and cook your lentils at a gentle simmer.
3) Skim the impurities that come to the surface, all the way through the cooking process.
Then, after 15 minutes cooking, salt your lentils.
To test if your lentils are cooked, take one between your fingers and press it, if it gets squashed they are cooked.
This basic recipe would get your lentils ready to be the main ingredient of lentils soup, lentils salad, stews or as an accompaniment for fresh water fish dishes.