Brill with Spinach and Asparagus
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
5.0/5 (1 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
brill with spinach and asparagus recipe for 6 people :
- 1 kg brill fillet, skin off and cut in 160 g pieces
- 1 kg fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
- 18 small cooked green asparagus
- 15 cl Jurancon wine (or other sweet wine)
- 2 finely chopped shallots
- 40 cl fish stock
- 15 cl double cream
- salt, a pinch of nutmeg and freshly ground pepper
- 30 g butter
2) Put your tray on a medium heat and bring to the boil. Then, take it off the heat and set it aside.
3) In a thick bottom pot, heat up the butter until it reaches a nice golden brown colour. Then, quickly cook your spinach, on a high heat, until wilted. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg. When done, set them aside in a bowl.
4) Carefully, take your cooked brill fillets of out of its cooking juices and place them on a tray. Keep them in the oven set at 50'C (122'F).
5) Pour the cooking juices into a pot and reduce the liquid until it reaches a smooth, creamy consistency. Then, strain it through a fine sieve. Rectify the seasoning and set aside in a double-boiler.
Start by placing a spoon full of spinach at the centre of each plates. Then, place three asparagus tips coming out of the spinach base. Place a fillet of brill on the spinach and coat it with some sauce.
I complemented this recipe by a picture of this dish realized (with Dublin bay prawns) by Master cook Joly who presided the prestigious lunch of the "marmite d'or" which was served in the sumptuous settings of the Chenonceau castle in the Loire valley.