From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
4.8/5 (13 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
Large apple turnover for 4 to 6 people :
- 400g puff pastry
- For the compote :
- 300g cooking apple, peeled, cored and diced up
- 30g butter
- 30g caster sugar
- a pinch ground cinnamon
- some icing sugar
- For the egg wash :
- 1 egg yolk 1 Tbs cold water
2) Cook the apples for 5 to 6 minutes and clear them on a tray to cool down.
3) Next, roll down your puff pastry onto a slightly dusted surface until you get a disc of dough about 40 cm in diameter and 3 mm thick.
4) Brush a little bit of water over the edges of your disc of dough.
5) Place your compote over one half of the disc making sure to leave about 2 cm of clear dough on the edge. Then, fold the other half of the disc on the top of the compote.
6) Start your oven at 210'C (410'F).
7) Place your apple turnover on a baking tray. Then, press the edges of the disc with your fingers to seal your pie.
8) Finish by applying the egg wash all over the apple turnover with a pastry brush.
9) Take an office knife and make few small holes into the dough to allow the steam inside to get out when cooking.
10) Bake for 15 minutes. Then, take it out of the oven and dust the apple turnover with icing sugar and bake for another 5 minutes.
11) Allow to rest for 10 minutes and serve warm.