Smoked Duck and Beans Cake
From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
Cooking time :
Total time :
Smoked duck and beans cake recipe for 4 to 6 people :
- 500g kidney beans, soaked for 12h
- some thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and pricked with two cloves
- 2 egg yolks
- 100g smocked duck in small dices
- 50g olives, pitted and diced up
- 50g creme fraiche
- 50g butter, chilled
- 20g bread crumbs
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg
2) Start your oven at 180 degrees Celsius (356F).
3) Strain your beans and finely, mash them. Put this pure on a low heat to dry it out a little bit. Then, cool it down.
4) Add the butter in parcels, the cream and the egg yolks. Mix well. Season slightly and add the smoked duck and olives.
5) Line a baking tin with the bread crumbs and pour the bean mixture into it. Bake for 40 minutes.
When the cake is cooked allow it to set for 1 minutes before removing it from the tin. Serve warm with some tapenade or a spiced tomato sauce.
This recipe can be made in advance and frozen.