From the one star french chef Patrick Asfaux
5.0/5 (7 votes)
Cooking time :
Total time :
Recipe for 8 pan-bagnat
- 8 small round bread rolls
- For the salad :
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and cut in 4
- 1 cucumber, peeled halved and finely sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and finely sliced
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 100g pitted black olives
- some fresh basil, chopped
- For the seasoning :
- some olive oil
- some wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Take your pan-bagnat, place some of the salad on the flat side of the bread rolls and garnish with a few slices of a hard boiled egg as well as few fillets of anchovies and some tuna in olive oil.
Finally, close your bread rolls tightly and put them in the fridge for at least an hour.
Imagine a hot sunny afternoon in your garden listening to the birds enjoying your pan-bagnat with a nice glass of chilled French rose wine.